Gleaning

Inside, Out

My Photo
Name:
Location: Kelowna, Canada

Sunday, July 2

Fun is Overrated

overrate
v
Definition: assign too much value, importance

I've been experiencing an unexpected response to one of my latest T-shirt designs. The shirt has the phrase: "Fun is Overrated" written on it. The point of the shirt is basically that Fun has become the highest ideal of our culture.

What has been strange is that, almost universally, the response has been one of confusion coupled with comments that I must not be having much fun if I believe that. I knew that the exaltation of fun and leisure was a stronghold in our culture but I had no idea that it was so ingrained as to become incomprehensible to us that fun might not be the highest call, or deepest pursuit.

Chilling and amazing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Cat said...

ahh. thankyou for this.

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home